Saturday 7 June 2014

Handmade Cleaning Apron

When I'm cleaning or tidying up, I carry a cleaning caddy in each room with me. So everywhere I go I have all the cleaning products and sponges/cloths, without going back and forth. Easier for me to do every room all at once.

I also have two baskets for when I do 10 minute pick up (which normally I do before bed). I use it to transfer things that don't belong in that room to another room easily. Easy for me to pick up my son's toys (which he always brings in the living room) and transfer them back into his bedroom.

When I'm doing a quick cleaning job, I don't like to carry my cleaning caddy round. So thought of an idea today to make a cleaning apron. Used my sewing machine to make it (as I'm not a great sewer). It's not the best sewing but it still works. It has four pockets for anything I need to carry around with me. Two big pockets and two small pockets. Can use the pockets for pens, notepad, cleaning list, phone, iPod (nice to listen to music while cleaning), sponges, cloths, gloves, and small bottle sprays of cleaning products. Can use the big pockets to pick up items round the house and transfer to another room also. 

I'm very happy with the way my cleaning apron has turned out and love the idea of wearing it to help me quickly tidy and clean up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment